Hire and Experienced and Persistent Defective Product Lawyer in Texas
What Are The Advantages Of Having Products Liability Attorney?
Thousands of people are injured in the U.S. each year as a result of defective products and these injuries can result in serious consequences for victims. Fortunately, through the product liability laws any individual or company responsible for these injuries can be held accountable, meaning victims can file a claim for compensation. These types of cases though, require the expertise of a Houston defective product lawyer experienced in product liability cases as they are complex and aggressively contested. Jorge L. Gomez, Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, has over fifteen years experience and has litigated thousands of personal injury cases in the state of Texas many involving product liability. If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of a defective product you may be entitled to compensation and should hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
How Does Products Liability Law Work?
This law guarantees that any injuries or damages sustained due to faulty products are the fault of the people or parties involved in the chain of manufacturing or distribution of the product that caused the injury. Although the manufacturer is generally the party held liable for injuries, other parties may also be held responsible such as, distributors, retailers, assemblers, repairers and component suppliers. There are also numerous conditions which qualify a case under products liability law such as negligence, breach of warranty, strict liability and other consumer protection laws. In order to successfully win a product liability case and be awarded the compensation you deserve for damages suffered, it is necessary to prove that the product is defective. Proving liability though is no easy fete and this is why it is important to hire an experienced and aggressive Houston defective product lawyer to represent you and protect your legal rights.
What Are The Most Common Cases of Product Liability?
There are many examples of product liability but each one generally has the same result, injury and subsequent damages to the victim and their family. Some of these cases include:
- Defective workplace machinery such as lave equipment, drills or punch presses
- Faulty medical devices such as prosthetic, heart monitors and heart valves
- Motor vehicle defects including tire defects and faulty seat belts
- Unsafe pharmaceuticals such as pain relievers, diet pills and anti-depressants
- Defective household appliances
- Defective airplanes, motorcycles or boats
How Can You Protect Your Claim?
If you or someone you know has been injured due to a defective product, here are some details you should take care of:
- Ensure that you keep the product along with any documents or packaging it came with
- Keep the product safe where it cannot be touched or tampered with
- Ascertain the manufacturer, model name and number, place and date of purchase and serial number as this information will be used to trace the product
- If the product is a vehicle, keep it within your possession and inform your insurance provider
- Get the contact information for any witnesses present at the scene
With all the information above, an experienced Houston Defective Product lawyer can begin building a strong case to achieve victory for you.
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury due to a defective product, do not waste any more time. Call Gomez Law Firm today and we will ensure that your legal rights are properly represented. Any questions you have can be answered by the highly experienced and skilled defective product attorney in Houston, Jorge L. Gomez who can then guide you through the process and towards the successful conclusion of your particular case. Contact Gomez Law Firm today to begin exercising your legal rights with the help of an experienced and determined personal injury attorney.