Houston Wrongful Death Attorney
A wrongful death happens when someone dies as a result of negligence on the part of another person or entity. Unfortunately, cases of this kind occur quite frequently and when they do, the consequences can be disastrous for the families of those victims involved. If someone close to you has passed away as a result of a wrongful act or the negligence of another, one of the first actions you should take is to contact a reputable and experienced personal injury attorney.
Jorge L. Gomez is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has over 15 years experience and has taken to verdict more than 70 jury trials. Who other than a board certified specialist in personal injury would you want working on your wrongful death case. In the case of wrongful death, time is often an important factor as evidence needs to be preserved as quickly as possible in order to build a strong case. This will allow an experienced and skilled attorney to promptly get started on building a case against those at fault. Most common causes of wrongful death accidents may include:
Why you Need an Attorney from Gomez Law Firm
In circumstances where someone close to you has died due to the negligence, recklessness, or intentional behavior of another party, it is imperative that you immediately get in touch with an experienced attorney, skilled in wrongful death cases in your area. One of the major requirements you should look for in a Houston injury attorney is competence and experience. Jorge L. Gomez is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and is one of less than 1,700 attorney in the State of Texas so certified. Jorge L. Gomez has over 15 years experience, more than 70 jury trials, and has litigated thousands of cases. The first stages following a wrongful death are the most important as the preparation required can be extensive and indeed should be, to give your case the best possible foundation.
An experienced attorney Jorge L. Gomez will take on responsibilities such as:
• Determining whether an estate needs to be created in the wrongful death case – When there is more than one claimant involved, this means that your attorney needs to determine, through a thorough analysis whether a probate estate should be created.
• Establishing life expectancy – This phase requires extensive research and analysis of the deceased’s health, age activities, lifestyle and occupation in order to determine the probable life expectancy.
• Working out the amount of financial support that may have been lost by the heirs because of the death of their loved one – If at the time of their death, the deceased was supporting their heirs financially, a thorough analysis needs to be carried out of the victim’s employment history, past wages and total expected future wages. This will determine the amount of economic damages to which the heirs are entitled.
• Calculating a monetary value for the loss of companionship, society and comfort – These types of damages are the most difficult to determine. The most effective way of increasing the amount of compensation is to enlist the aid of skilled expert(s) and an attorney who can give the jury the appropriate tools in how to analyze and quantify said damages.
• Proving and explaining liability and losses to a jury in a wrongful death case – Quite clearly, this phase of the case requires that a personal injury attorney is not only a skilled communicator but also skilled in hiring the right experts for the case. Wrongful death cases can be quite expensive to prosecute so one needs to ensure they have an attorney who is willing to bear those expenses to present the best case possible.
We Have An Experience In Wrongful Death Field
Gomez Law Firm, headed by Jorge L. Gomez is skilled in the field of wrongful death and over a fifteen year span has litigated thousands of cases as well as tried to verdict over 70 jury trials and/or arbitration hearings. Attorney Gomez has previously argued before the Texas Supreme Court and other Appellate Courts throughout Texas. If you or someone you know is suffering as a result of a wrongful death to a loved one, take action immediately and contact Gomez Law Firm.
Remember, time is of the essence as the sooner the evidence gathering can commence, the sooner a strong case can be built. For a free consultation with Jorge L. Gomez, contact Gomez Law Firm at (713) 868 5528 and together you can construct a case with the strongest foundation possible to ensure the best outcome for you and your family.